BJP leader Vishal Nehria accuses Congress government of failing on jobs, employee issues and tourism, predicts BJP comeback in 2027.
Dharamshala , August 21
The BJP on Friday stepped up its attack on the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh over its three-and-a-half-year tenure, with former MLA Vishal Nehria alleging that youth, women, employees and pensioners have been left disappointed by the government.
Nehria said the Congress had promised during the 2022 Assembly elections to provide employment to five lakh youth in its first Cabinet meeting. However, he claimed that even after three-and-a-half years, the promise has failed to translate into tangible results.
He said young people had pinned high hopes on the government for employment opportunities but were now disappointed with its policies. Referring to recruitments, including the ‘Van Mitra’ scheme, Nehria alleged that the government had failed to address the concerns of the youth.
The former MLA also accused the government of ignoring women and said a large section of the population was unhappy with its performance. On employees and pensioners, he referred to protests and demands related to dearness allowance and other financial issues, alleging that the government had failed to address their concerns seriously.
Nehria also criticized the government over tourism development in Kangra district. He said several promises had been made to promote the district as a major tourism destination, but the expected development was not visible on the ground even after three and a half years.
Questioning the imposition of fees for activities such as trekking, he said the government should encourage tourism rather than placing an additional financial burden on tourists and local residents.
Taking a dig at the Congress government’s slogan of ‘Vyavastha Parivartan’, Nehria said there had been no systemic change in the state and alleged that the government was instead witnessing “mismanagement”.
He claimed that people were dissatisfied with the government and would express their anger in the next Assembly elections. Nehria predicted that the BJP would return to power with a comfortable majority, while the Congress would face a major defeat.
Reacting to Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu’s remarks that the BJP was divided, Nehria said the party was united and working like a family. He said BJP leaders take decisions collectively and would work together on protests as well as the party’s electoral strategy.
Youth Congress promises 48-hour action on civic issues, plans hospital task force and monitoring of…
Families living in Gaggal for decades seek fair compensation and rehabilitation, citing concerns over inadequate…
Kullu, August 21 Rising sugar prices in Kullu have triggered concern among residents, with the…
Thakur urges CM Sukhu to respect Vande Mataram in full, warning that BJP will oppose…