Kullu, June 1
Independent candidate Chaube Ram from the Jarad Bhutti Zila Parishad ward in Kullu district on Monday accused the district administration and election staff of negligence during the vote counting process and held a protest outside the Deputy Commissioner’s office in Dhalpur.
Chaube Ram, along with his supporters, raised slogans against the district administration and alleged serious irregularities in the handling of ballot boxes during counting.
Speaking to reporters, the independent candidate claimed that all ballot boxes were scheduled to be opened in Bhuntar, but one ballot box was allegedly opened separately in Kullu without informing him or his election agent.
He alleged that election officials initially declared him the winner during the counting process. However, after votes from the ballot box opened in Kullu were counted, another candidate was declared victorious following a change in the vote margin.
Calling it a major lapse on the part of election staff, Chaube Ram said he had filed a complaint with the Deputy Commissioner of Kullu. But no concrete action had been taken so far.
He said the matter would now be taken before the Election Commission in Shimla and demanded legal action against the officials responsible for the alleged negligence.
Chaube Ram also urged the Election Commission to conduct a fair inquiry into the matter and announce the rightful winner of the election.
Manpreet Badal’s elevation assumes significance ahead of the next Punjab Assembly election as BJP expands…
New Delhi, August 15 Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced free online coaching for young…
‘Yeah Jo Des Hai Tera, Swades Hai Tera’ As I drive back home…
New Delhi, August 14 The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has brought back wanted fugitive Virender…