Pahalgam terror attack: Mastermind Musa among three terrorists killed, confirms Amit Shah

Spread the news

Chandigarh FSL provides breakthrough confirmation in Pahalgam terror attack case

The North News

New Delhi, July 29

 Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday told Parliament that the three terrorists behind the deadly Pahalgam terror attack — including the mastermind — were killed in a joint security operation codenamed Operation Mahadev. Addressing the House, Shah confirmed that the three men neutralised in Monday’s encounter were Suleiman alias Musa, Jibran, and Abu Hamza, also known as Afghan. “Two of them were from Pakistan,” the Home Minister said.

The counter-terror operation, involving the Indian Army, CRPF, Jammu and Kashmir Police, and central intelligence agencies, was launched following forensic leads. Shah said ballistic tests were conducted on the rifles seized from the encounter site, and these matched the FSL (Forensic Science Laboratory) report of cartridges recovered from the Pahalgam attack scene. “Final confirmation came yesterday after tests were conducted in Chandigarh,” he said.

The Home Minister added that those who provided logistical support to the terrorists — including food and shelter — were already in custody. Once the bodies were brought to Srinagar, they were identified by the detained aides.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had earlier arrested individuals suspected of providing safe houses to the attackers, Shah added.

“The security forces executed this joint operation with precision. All three terrorists directly involved in the Pahalgam terror attack have now been eliminated,” Shah told Parliament.